Our Civic Association plans and hosts several neighborhood events throughout the year, such as Santa’s visit in December, the Egg Hunt in the Spring, and the 4th of July neighborhood parade. In 2020, we had planned to add a pumpkin painting event in October - however, unfortunately, that has been cancelled due to the pandemic. We are looking for ways to have more virtual and/or socially distanced events - please let us know if you have any ideas! We look forward to seeing you at a future event once it's safe to hold large gatherings!
While we can’t get together in person this year, we held two holiday activities that adhered to recommended social distancing guidelines.
We handed out decorations for neighbors to hold a social distancing parade with their family or 'quaranteam'!
How it works:
• Pick up your decorations. They will be out on the front driveway or on the front porch (covered) at 4819 15th St N from Wednesday, June 17th until they are gone! Decorations were prepared and then quarantined for 3 days. If there happens to be another neighbor picking up their decorations when you arrive, please observe social distancing recommendations.
• Decorate your mode of transportation. Any time before the 4th of July, decorate your bikes, trikes, wagons, scooters, and/or strollers.
• Hold your parade! On July 4th, put on your best red, white, and blue outfit and – at any time that works for your family or ‘quaranteam’ – ride around your block (or multiple blocks!) and spread festivity throughout the neighborhood! Feel free to add music or any other decorations that you have.
• Send us a short video clip. Take a short video clip (or photos) and send to WWCAemail@gmail.com. We will combine all entries to make a virtual WWCA neighborhood parade for everyone to enjoy!
If you aren't participating in the parade this year, please wave and cheer on any neighbors you see!!
Join your neighbors in a challenge to add the most spirit to your front yard/home for Independence Day! Send a photo to WWCAemail@gmail.com and you can be featured on the WWCA website and in the next WWCA The What-All newsletter!
To get you started, we will be providing two different DIY packs:
1. Yard Signs. Blank white yard signs (and stakes) with red & blue permanent markers. If you have younger kids, you can also use washable markers or paint and then either spray the sign with clear spray paint or cover with clear packing tape.
2. Sidewalk Art. Red, White, & Blue sidewalk chalk.
DIY packs are for all ages! They will be out on the front driveway or on the front porch (covered) at 4819 15th St N from Wednesday, June 17th until they are gone. All packs were prepared and then quarantined for 3 days. Please limit to one per household so that more neighbors can participate.